Sales associates are most commonly found working for retailers who sell clothing, jewelry, office supplies, and sporting goods. Alternative titles for this role are retail sales associate, sales floor associate, and retail salesperson.
Sales associates greet customers on arrival then assist the customer with any questions they have about the purchase they want to make. They often help the customer with returns, refunds, and resolve common complaints.
- Location: 10155 102 St NW, Commerce Place suite 148Edmonton, ABT5J 4G8
- Salary: 16.16 hourly for 35 hours per 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment Full time
- Day, Evening, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a result-driven retail Sales Associate to be responsible for all sales job duties, from generating leads to closing sales.
What is a Sales Associate – What does he/she do?
Sales Associate duties and responsibilities include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about your products and recommend the right solutions. You should also be able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. To be successful as a Sales Associate, you should stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance in high standards.
Ultimately, the duties of a Sales Associate are to achieve excellent customer service, while consistently meeting the store’s sales goals.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas
- Actively seek out customers in store
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Cross sell products
- Handle returns of merchandise
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Comply with inventory control procedures
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the store’s design)
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Operate cash register
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- Provide advice about merchandise
- Assist in display of merchandise
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply