- Location: Oakville, ON
- Salary: 36.00 hourly for 40 hours per 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment Full time
- Evening, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a Beauty Salon Manager to be responsible for our salon’s day-to-day operations.
Beauty Salon Manager responsibilities include supervising staff, scheduling shifts, promoting our services and keeping updated records of expenses and revenues. If you are familiar with beauty treatments and have excellent organizational abilities, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help boost client satisfaction and increase our revenues.
- Oversee daily salon operations
- Hire and train beauticians, as needed
- Organize employees’ shifts, considering peak times and seasonality
- Order beauty products, like creams and essential oils and replenish stock
- Arrange for regular maintenance services for all equipment
- Apply hygiene practices across all beauty stations
- Ensure all beauty treatments meet high quality standards
- Maintain staff records, including salaries and working schedules
- Promote services, products and discounts on social media
- Receive payments from clients and track all transactions
- Keep updated records of costs and revenues (e.g. daily, monthly and quarterly)
- Run online competitions and offer discount packages to attract new customers
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Beauty Salon Manager or similar role
- Good knowledge of beauty treatments and products (e.g. for skin care)
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle customers’ requests and complaints with grace
- BSc degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- Additional certification in Beauty Therapy or Cosmetology is a plus
2 years to less than 3 years
- Establish or implement policies and procedures for staff
- Plan and control budget and inventory
- Manage contracts for advertising or marketing strategies
- Hire, train and supervise staff
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- 5-10 people
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Older workers, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?