Working as an Opay Agent in Nigeria is one of the best ways of earning a living. The financial sector of the industry has exploded partly due to the contributions of Opay as a financial institution. Many Nigerians now work as agents in Opay and the good thing is that they are well-paid for their services.
Working as an Opay agent is very lucrative, however, if you wish to pursue a career in this field, there are lots of requirements you will have to fulfill. These requirements are very necessary as it is the best way of getting the most eligible hands. Regardless, the requirements are straightforward and won’t be a hard nut to crack if you want to register as an agent with Opay.
Do you want to register as an agent with Opay and wish to know how to go about the registration process? You made it to the right article. In this post, I will go into detail on how to register as an Opay agent.
How to Register as an Agent With Opay
If you wish to register with Opay as an agent, you will have to present many documents and would have to be considered qualified. As I said previously, the processes are quite straightforward and in no way hectic:
1. To begin with, you have to visit the Opay website and tap on “Merchant” on the website bar.
2. If you wish to sign up as an Opay agent with a POS machine, tap on “Create a POS Merchant Account”, on the other hand, if you wish to register as an ordinary Opay agent without a POS machine, click on “Create an Online Merchant Account”.
3. Fill out the forms presented, depending on the category you chose.
4. After you are done setting up your account, send an email to email@example.com and request an Opay merchant registration form.
Documents Needed to Get Opay POS Machine
If you wish to get an Opay POS machine as an agent, there are many documents to present before being considered eligible. The documents are not hard to get, so you don’t have to worry about the process. Below are some of the documents required to get a POS machine as an Opay agent:
1. You will have to provide your Bank Verification Number (BVN).
2. You will have to present a utility bill or a bill that is dated not more than 3 months before the submission date. You will need it as proof of your address.
3. You will have to present a copy of your driver’s License, National ID card, or International passport.
4. You also have to provide 1 passport photo.
How to Get an Opay POS Machine
If you wish to get an Opay POS machine as an agent, there are easy ways to go about it. All you have to do is follow these steps to get the POS machine:
1. If you have upgraded your KYC earlier to level 2, to get the Opay POS machine, it is necessary to upgrade to level 3.
2. To upgrade to level 3, all you have to do is open your Opay app and go to “Me”.
3. Click on the picture icon at the top left and you will be moved to “Account Details”.
4. Tap on upgrade to level 3.
5. Upload your picture
6. Upload a valid ID card (National ID card, International passport, or Drivers License).
7. Upload a utility bill that is no more than 3 months.
8. Upload your Bank Verification Number (BVN).
9. Then submit. The Opay management will go through your application and give you feedback on if you are eligible for a POS machine or not.
If you wish to register as an Opay agent, it is necessary to know that there are steps you will have to go through to be eligible. But the steps are not complex, so you can always find your way around.